Monterey County California Genealogy and History

Monterey County: Biographies



WILLIAM GEORGE HUDSON

William George Hudson, a lawyer practicing at the bar of Monterey, was born in the Pajaro valley, in Monterey county, June 27, 1877, the son of William G. and Luella D. Kittredge, mentioned elsewhere in this work.

Mr. Hudson attended both the grammar and the high schools of Watsonville, and was duly graduated from the latter, in 1896. He entered Stanford University in 1897 and in 1901 had the satisfaction of receiving the coveted Bachelor of Arts degree from that famous institution. In the same year, he was admitted to the bar, and opened an office where he was best known, in Watsonville, where two years later, to the satisfaction of the community, he was appointed assistant district attorney under the Hon. Fred Treat. There he continued for four years and in 1907 came to Monterey, where he has since engaged in professional work, his practice steadily increasing in volume and importance as the years pass by.

Mr. Hudson was married at Salinas, February 24, 1906, to Miss Virginia Zabala, who passed away on the 11th of March, 1924, leaving five children: William L., Isabel Maria, Virginia Louise, Manuela Mercedes and Ana Teresa. Mr. Hudson belongs to the Elks, in which organization he is deservedly popular, but he is decidedly a home man. He is a republican in politics and stands for all. that the party of Lincoln, Roosevelt and Coolidge ever professed and accomplished. He holds to high ideals in citizenship, earnestly supporting all measures for the public good, and is equally active and loyal to the interests of his clients, so that he enjoys an enviable reputation as a citizen, and as a lawyer.

Source: History of Monterey and Santa Cruz Counties, California : cradle of California's history and romance : dating from the planting of the cross of Christendom upon the shores of Monterey Bay by Fr. Junipero Serra, and those intrepid adventurers who accompanied him, down to the present day. Chicago: S.J. Clarke Pub. Co., 1925, 890 pgs.