CAGenWeb Monterey County Genealogy Forum Index CAGenWeb Monterey County Genealogy
Part of The CAGenWeb Monterey County Project
See Forum Index for instructions on How To Register.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pike, Roy M. 1912-1937 SUICIDE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CAGenWeb Monterey County Genealogy Forum Index -> Obituaries - Pacific Grove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mary S Taylor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:35 am    Post subject: Pike, Roy M. 1912-1937 SUICIDE Reply with quote

Pacific Grove Tide, CA April 23, 1937
Oakland Teacher Kills Self Here
Milton Pike, 26, a teacher in an Oakland junior high school, was found dead in his car, parked on Ocean View boulevard, early Monday morning. He had committed suicide by shooting himself through the head with a revolver. Pike’s body was found by George DeLapp, local newsboy, about 6:30 a.m. He notified the local police, who in turn called Leland Paul, mortician. He said that Pike had been dead about three hours. Roy Pike, the young man’s father, came here from Long Beach upon being informed of his son’s death. Oakland police had been seeking for Pike as he had left a note with his landlady, Mrs. Florence Rutherford, indicating his intention to take his own life. Another note was found on the back rest of the car in which Pike shot himself. It seemed to indicate disappointment in love as the cause. It read: “Please notify my father, Roy Pike, 1348 Raymond avenue, Long Beach, California, to get the car. Spare the publicity for the sake of the 150 or so children whose lives I had under my care. My last thoughts are of the matchless love on one whom I hold dearer than all the world would I could approximate you in balanced living, clear thinking, and character, I love you too desperately but with all I have. Mother, do no grieve for me one sob and then serenity of soul, for I will shortly be at rest. My own selfishness has been my undoing.”

Pike, Roy M., age 25, died in Monterey County on Apr 18, 1937
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CAGenWeb Monterey County Genealogy Forum Index -> Obituaries - Pacific Grove All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: