CAGenWeb Monterey County Genealogy Forum Index CAGenWeb Monterey County Genealogy
Part of The CAGenWeb Monterey County Project
See Forum Index for instructions on How To Register.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

de Grassi, Alberto Andrea 1892-1991

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CAGenWeb Monterey County Genealogy Forum Index -> Obituaries - Pacific Grove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mary S Taylor

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 4:02 am    Post subject: de Grassi, Alberto Andrea 1892-1991 Reply with quote

Monterey Peninsula Herald, CA Feb. 10, 1991 p4A
Alberto de Grassi, 98, a retired businessman and rancher from Monterey, died of pneumonia Tuesday at Carmel Convalescent Hospital. Mr. de Grassi, who was born on March 24, 1892, in Trieste, Austria, studied at the University of Vienna and at the University of California at Berkeley. A multi-lingual businessman, Mr. de Grassi was engaged in the security and banking business in Berkeley and San Francisco, followed by a career in cattle ranching in Sonoma County. He moved to the Park Lane in Monterey in 1971. He is survived by his wife, Virginia; a son, Robert Andrea de Grassi of Alexander Valley, six grandchildren, and four great-grandchildren. He was preceded in death by his first wife, Ruth Sharon of Piedmont, and another son, Alberto Andrea de Grassi of Orinda. Memorial services will be held at a later date. The Paul Mortuary was in charge of cremation arrangements. The family suggests that memorial contributions be sent to the Monterey Institute of International Studies.
Copyright (c) 2008 The Monterey County Herald

DEGRASSI ALBERTO ANDREA 1892 03 24 MALE RE MONTEREY 1991 02 05 565056602 98

NOTE: see corrections to this obituary submitted by family members in the next posting.

Last edited by Mary S Taylor on Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
monterey
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:36 am    Post subject: de Grassi, Alberto Andrea 1892-1991 Reply with quote

Submitted by: Andrea de Grassi <jacks10465@aol.com>

Hi, I stumbled across your website as I was researching info about my deceased grandfather Alberto Andrea de Grassi who was a resident of Monterey, Pacific Grove, and for a time, Carmel. He resided in Monterey County at the time of his death. I noticed some errors in the quoted obituary and I was wondering how to correct them:

1. My grandfather was a sheep rancher in Mendocino County, never a cattle rancher in Sonoma County. 2. My dad, Roberto Andrea de Grassi, was a resident of Redwood Valley in Mendocino County, never in Alexander Valley. 3. My uncle Al was named Alberto Hurford de Grassi, not Alberto Andrea. Alberto Andrea was my grandfather's name.

My name is Andrea de Grassi and I was named after my father & grandfather. My dad, Roberto Andrea passed away in December of 2010.

I am sure this is only of importance to our family, but the errors get repeated when we do genealogy research and its annoying when so many details start to get mixed up!

Thank you for considering this request. And if I can write somewhere to correct this?

Best Regards,
Andrea

Sent from my iPhone
Mary S Taylor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: de grassi family Reply with quote

Andrea, thank you for adding your corrections, which are always important to any reader, family or not. Having corrections posted with obits make posting on a forum so valuable.

One cannot correct a publish obit, it stands as is for all time since it is in print. However, posting such corrections alongside the obit is exactly the way to get the correct information out there. Also, the actually obituary is held in copyright by the Monterey Herald, and part of their agreement to let me post their obituaries was that I would change nothing in the obituary.

I will add a note within the posting referring to your corrections in case people are not reading later posts.

Mary S. Taylor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CAGenWeb Monterey County Genealogy Forum Index -> Obituaries - Pacific Grove All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: