CAGenWeb Monterey County Genealogy Forum Index CAGenWeb Monterey County Genealogy
Part of The CAGenWeb Monterey County Project
See Forum Index for instructions on How To Register.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Forwood, Norah miss 1865-1959

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CAGenWeb Monterey County Genealogy Forum Index -> Obituaries - General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mary S Taylor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:02 am    Post subject: Forwood, Norah miss 1865-1959 Reply with quote

Monterey Peninsula Herald, CA Jan. 26, 1959 p2
Miss Norah Forwood, 93, a resident of Carmel for the past two years, died last evening in a local rest home after a long period of failing health. Miss Forwood was born Sept. 17, 1865, in England, the daughter of a sea captain. After a youth spent in Bermuda, she came to the United States 70 years ago, and lived most of the time since in Los Angeles. Before moving to Carmel, she made her home briefly in Hillsdale. Surviving are a nephew, Stanley Forwood of Pasadena; and three nieces, Mrs. George Lyle and Mrs. Margaret Williams of Carmel and Sister Anne Maria, O.P., of Oakland. Private funeral services will be held tomorrow in the Dorney & Farlinger Memorial Chapel. Entombment will take place in Cypress Lawn Memorial Park of Colma.
Copyright (c) 2008 The Monterey County Herald

FORWOOD NORAH 1865 09 17 NEWMAN FORWOOD FEMALE RE MONTEREY 1959 01 25 93
chezzafor

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: Forwood, Norah miss 1865-1959 Reply with quote

Mary S Taylor wrote:
Monterey Peninsula Herald, CA Jan. 26, 1959 p2
Miss Norah Forwood, 93, a resident of Carmel for the past two years, died last evening in a local rest home after a long period of failing health. Miss Forwood was born Sept. 17, 1865, in England, the daughter of a sea captain. After a youth spent in Bermuda, she came to the United States 70 years ago, and lived most of the time since in Los Angeles. Before moving to Carmel, she made her home briefly in Hillsdale. Surviving are a nephew, Stanley Forwood of Pasadena; and three nieces, Mrs. George Lyle and Mrs. Margaret Williams of Carmel and Sister Anne Maria, O.P., of Oakland. Private funeral services will be held tomorrow in the Dorney & Farlinger Memorial Chapel. Entombment will take place in Cypress Lawn Memorial Park of Colma.
Copyright (c) 2008 The Monterey County Herald

FORWOOD NORAH 1865 09 17 NEWMAN FORWOOD FEMALE RE MONTEREY 1959 01 25 93

Hi Mary,

My name is Cheryl Forwood, and I am the webmaster of:
http://www.tribalpages.com/tribe/browse?userid=chezcraig1&view=9&rand=84447272

I have come across your entry for Norah Forwood. Are you connected to this Forwood family? and would you have anymore info on her life, siblings and their families. that you could share with me.

Please check out the web page to verify who I am.

Cheryl Very Happy
Mary S Taylor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:13 pm    Post subject: FORWOOD Family Reply with quote

No, sorry, I am not related to the Forwoods. I am transcribing the vital records from the Monterey Herald, and other early Monterey and Pacific Grove papers. sue
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CAGenWeb Monterey County Genealogy Forum Index -> Obituaries - General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: